Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Mousse Puffs

October and November are the only months of the year I eat or cook pumpkin, so I go a little crazy over pumpkin for a little while before I get tired of it. But it's OK to get tired of it, because I'll be craving it in another year!

Today I wanted something fluffy. I love fluffy food. Makes me feel light and happy. Like walking on sunshine!

I went the easy route today as well. I bought fluffy pastry dough instead of making it. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets to be exact. These things look impressive, but are super duper easy to make.

Pumpkin Mousse Puffs

Ingredients:
2 Puff Pastry Sheets
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 package vanilla pudding
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning
Butter for brushing

Instructions
De-thaw the puff pasty sheets for about 40 minutes. Cover in thin layer of flour on each side. Cut in 9 square sections. Cook on cookie sheet for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely

For filling:

Mix 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Divide in half. Mix together pumpkin, pumpkin spice mix, pudding and 1 cup milk. Fold this into half of the whipped cream. (Don't mix, just fold)

For a little sweeter layer add a dash of powdered sugar to the other half of the whipped cream.

Cut a pastry square in half. Add a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture and then a spoonful of the whipped cream. You can double decker them, or them as single pastries.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yum-O!

Kara said...

Um, holy moly. I know what I will be doing tomorrow.

Beth said...

This one looks easy enough for me! I'll definitely try this!