Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cracker Chicken

Ones of my co-workers came to work one day bragging about the delightful chicken recipe she made up. She went on and on and on about how scrumptious it was and how I really needed to try it. She brought me a piece later and I took a timid little bite (I get nervous about taking little bites of things sometimes.....okay most of the time) and I LOVED it. It really was scrumptious and delightful. So....I got the recipe and here it is, for all the rest of the world.

Cracker Chicken
(this one is really specific....)

About half of a box of Chive and Onion Wheat Thins
A big spoonful of brown sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
some sprinkles of chili powder
some sprinkles of tastefully simple season salt or regular season salt
Whatever other spices you enjoy in your food.....

Put all of the above in big plastic bag. And roll with a rolling pin or baseball bat, whatever you have around to crush the crackers. I used a rolling pin, because it was the safest tool in the kitchen to trust my 2 year old with as it was his job to crush them. He's an awesome cracker crusher. (he likes to cook sans pants...he's crazy like that somedays)



Beat one egg and some salt and pepper in a dipping bowl. Soak chicken breasts in eggs and then toss into plastic bag. Coat completely with crackers and then bake at 350 degrees for about a half hour.





To complete the meal have some strawberries covered in homemade whipped cream. It's like a fluffy cloud in your mouth and the perfect way to end the meal.


No comments: