Thursday, April 24, 2008

Virtues of Dandelions

Yesterday my son and I gathered aproximately 5,853 dandelions from our 10 mile hike. Okay it wasn't ten miles but with the stroller, the kiddo, the dog, and the camera gear it feels like that. It was probably only three miles. Okay, okay maybe just a mile and half. Regardless...we discovered dandelions on this trip. He wouldn't let them out of his grasp once they were in his hands. Like they were an exciting lost treasure. He called them little sunshines and he was so very proud of each and every one of them. They were pretty. They were lello. They were perfect to him.



And then it was time to go inside. There was ice cream waiting for us and a back porch seat whispering our names to come and join it....so the the sunshine colored treasure was discarded. I'm sure we'll find more soon though.

1 comment:

Kara said...

LOVE that first one!!

I thought about calling yesterday but then I thought it would be horrible if Park got sick from Brecken's bug, so I didn't. And we were there for literally 3 hours- a drive in, sing, and drive out sort of day!