Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Drop Off

One thing I love about what I do, is the relationships I get to form with the little ones and the parents that I photograph. Sometimes after I've been taking them for a while, the parents know me and trust me enough to just drop their kiddo off and go shopping, or have their nails done, or train for a triathlon for a couple hours. I LOVE this kind of shoot. It gives me free rein and normally the results are amazing.
For example...this little one in the following shots has never smiled for me. I've been photographing her since she was 4 months old. Well today it happened. I had a break through.







But don't let me fool you...I absolutely love her seriousness. It's just her.

4 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Those ARE the best kinds of shoots, because the subject isn't distracted by Mom or Dad.

She kind of reminds me of my BFF's youngest...I think it's the pigtails and big, blue eyes.

Stacey J. said...

Exactly Lisa!
I think she's a doll and she really opened up with me yesterday. It was really fun!

Misty Jones Photography said...

Oh my goodness how sweet is she!! Love them!! :)

Beth said...

I love the last one. The way the light is coming through the green grass, just perfect!