Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Under Rated Root Beer

Well, since I've basically been on a liquid, super soft food diet for about 4 days now, I decided that I might as well make it fun! (By the way, I found out that a temporary crown can break, cause infection and swelling in ones gums, move into the lymph nodes and down the throat, stop one from eating in turn causing sugar levels to be really messed up for a day.....no worries it's all under control now though) Back to the good stuff... root beer and ice cream. Mixed together. Creamy and wonderful. I think people forget about these what with all the "fancy" food these days. It's good to go back to basics sometimes. Root beer floats. Black Cows (coke and ice cream) mmmmmmm. (It helps to rub your tummy when you say "mmmmm", makes it more fun.) It also helps if you have these awesome vintage A&W Root beer glasses. I only have one and I'm the only one allowed to drink out of it. It was my mom's I believe. (If I'm wrong, I'm sure I will be corrected.....)
I bet by looking at this you'll want one. Go get one. Summer comes but once a year!!!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Mmmmm... yum! A&W is the best root beer. I won't drink any other kind. Hope you're feeling better! Brady was lonely at the reception- even had to dance with me. :)

Stacey J. said...

I know, I feel bad, and I never ever miss a chance for dancing! Not like me at all. I was a bit of a hurting unit though. I ate my first solid food last night for supper. It was wonderful!!!

Lisa Walsh said...

OMG, I was LOL. I'm sorry, it was just so funny reading your description of events. At first I couldn't figure out WHY you were on a liquid diet when we just talked about the crowns not being that big of a deal. Guess we spoke too soon.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. I have to tell you we still have an actual A&W drive in here. It's so cool that we still have one...I remember going to drive in's with my Mom when I was a kid.

That float sure does look yummy!