Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stopped to Smell Them Today


Today I was 10 minutes late for work. Not because my hair wasn't perfect. Not because I had to put another layer of mascara on. It was because I was busy dancing with my son. In the kitchen. Our place to dance. Where we've always danced. Where I spent countless hours in the middle of night holding him with the music playing and the moonlight shining through the window, helping him sleep. We danced this morning because he asked me to. When the song was over we danced another and another. He didn't even tell me not to sing along this time. It was a day that needed to be slowed down before it started.
He said out loud at the top of his voice today "Mommy awesome!!!"...it's one of the best compliments of my life.
I swang in the hammock tonight while having a full discussion about farm animals and then admired the trees and the sky.
We smelled the roses in the above photo. All 1250 of them. (It's a huge bush, about 8 feet tall, it's more like a tree, so maybe not all of them)
It was a good day.

No comments: