Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda....

To look at me, or meet me on a regular day, you would never know that I kinda like, every now and then to roam around in the wilderness with a fishing pole (mostly a camera now though) and live off the land for a day or so. It's true. I do. I spent my weekend at Camp Jack. A place I've been visiting for years. A place I've become acquainted with and respect. A place that I now bring my child. I place where he fell asleep in my arms next to the campfire.

Found a tree just for me.



A tear tree.


I let him get as dirty as possible.



This is my grandfather's creel. I've been carrying it for 15 or 20 years. It's the only thing I have of his. He loved to fish near Saratoga.



Good food even in the wilderness. Shore lunches only taste good on these days. Oh and I started that fire. In under three minutes. I hated girl scouts, but it didn't mean I didn't learn anything.

No comments: