Friday, July 18, 2008

Giving It a Good Home

Sometimes when I peruse antique shops or flea markets I feel sad for some of the things living there. Much like I do when I go to the pound or a pet shop. Sometimes I just can't bear to leave things there that need a good home. This little chair looked like it was pretty back in the day. Like it had a good life and stories to share with me....so I took it home. I'm constantly doing things like this so there is constantly different furniture showing up in some of my rooms. I spent the last couple of afternoons making it different. Giving it color. The wood was too worn to redo, so it got painted. So welcome to my home little chair. I'm sure my cats will love you.


3 comments:

Kara said...

OK, I'm impressed! It's beautiful!!

Lisa Walsh said...

Is there no end to your talent?!

Stacey J. said...

Thanks Kara!

Lisa~ It's just to keep from being bored. I'm not good at thumb twiddling or TV watching. I tried watching TV a couple weeks ago and it lasted less than 5 minutes...thank you!