Saturday, July 26, 2008

Her dress was hand embroidered in Ecuador where she met and married her husband for the first time on the beach. I met him shortly after his arrival here in the states, his English was a bit broken and today I watched him sing to his wife in front of his friends and family, not once but twice, in perfect English. And instead of handing the microphone over he proceeded to tell us how he had changed his whole life, came to a different country, different culture, learned a new language, joined a new family....because he loved her. It was a quaint garden wedding (their second) Small and perfect, and beautiful.







oh, and for those that don't spend a lot of time with my kiddo....if there is a pretty girl within a 20 mile radius, he will find her and make friends.

6 comments:

Kara said...

You really should do weddings.

Tia said...

I agree!!! :O) You're booked for mine! :O) (still...or at least whenever there will be one!)

Kara said...

PS- I still need a list of dates in Sept. when you are free for B!

Stacey J. said...

Thank you to you two, trying to stay away from the wedding circus....but it's fun to get a few shots.
Kara~ sending you an email, I'm coming to drink wine.

Lisa Walsh said...

Such yummy light! You really should consider doing weddings. :)

Gwen said...

the pictures you took at our wedding are amazing! do you think I could get copies of them? my email is gwen.quiroga@gmail.com I hope that you guys had fun, we had such a great time with everyone! thanks!