Thursday, October 7, 2010

Every Year

Every year, just about this time, we head down south to the pumpkin patch. It's a family owed place. There are no gimmicks. There are no ropes. It's quiet and beautiful. We spend as long as we want there, where ever we want, picking everything we want for a reasonable price. I love it there and as I said before ...it rivals Christmas for me.

The whole time I'm there the Peanut's theme runs through my head, as "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" is absolutely my favorite fall book. And to me the pumpkin patch we visit is the most "sincere."


This year... the fields looked a bit different... full of very tall weeds. I talked to the owner about it, and with the wet spring they were unable to cultivate the way they normally do. They refuse to spray in any way as they are ALL natural (you can pick all kinds of things, besides pumpkins there.) I told her the weeds just made it more of a hunt for the perfect pumpkin.







Black birds are one of the biggest reminders of fall . They crowd the fields. They fly in swarms. They are a reminder the cold is coming.
Song: Peanuts Theme

No comments: