Sunday, October 3, 2010

O

I bet you all think I gave up on this little project.....not a chance!
We celebrated O day a couple weeks ago and I'm just now getting to this.

For O day we had:
Onion Soup
Wrapped and Stuffed Olives
Oranges and Orange Juice
Cheesy Orzo
Oreo Cream Pie

You can find the Onion Soup Recipe here....This is something I can eat a whole pot of by myself

You can find the Oreo Cream Pie recipe here...not something I would eat all by myself....because I have to share.


A few years ago I went to a Halloween party and these were being served. First of all... I LOVE OLIVES so of course I ate half of them myself. Secondly, they are super super easy to make.
All you need for this recipe is:
A jar of stuffed green olives (doesn't matter what they are stuffed with, whatever you choose)
A can of crescent rolls.
Butter

Cut the crescent triangles in half. Wrap around Olives. Brush a little butter on top. Cook until golden brown. LOVE these.  If you want to be a little fancier, add sesame seeds on top.




We also had Cheesy Orzo (care of Rachel Ray)

Ingredients



2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan


1/2 small onion, chopped


2 cloves garlic, chopped


2 cans (14 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth or stock


2 cups orzo pasta (enriched rice may be substituted)


1/2 cup grated Parmigiano or Romano


Salt and freshly ground black pepper


Directions


Preheat a 8 inch pot with a tight fitting cover over moderate heat. Add oil, onion and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes. Add broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in orzo and return broth to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is absorbed and pasta tender. Remove lid and stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. You favorite fresh herbs may also be stirred into the orzo or rice to strengthen the flavor even more.




Very easy side dish.



1 comment:

Kara said...

I had breaded olives a few years ago and they were delicious. Then I lost the recipe. I haven't found another that I like yet. But DUH- crescent rolls! I never even thought about that. I'm sooo making those this week, because I bet I'll love them even better than the originals that I liked! So glad you posted this!

And I'm pretty sure I'll make the onion soup and eat the whole pot by myself, too. Not. LOL! (Perhaps I'll be nice and make it for Josh one night? While I eat something else? ;) )