Monday, October 4, 2010

P

Our letter meals have been fairy simple for the last few letters, basically because it's just that time of year where everyone is running in different directions and it's hard to catch up with things.
We continued on the the "P" meal last weekend. we had a few guests, a few of which are picky eaters so I tried to pick things that picky eaters might have liked. I also had someone from far far away (OK, New York, who was a complete stranger to my crazy house) and I didn't want to scare her away with weirdo food either.

So...for P day we had:
Parmesan Chicken
Papaya
Pickles (canned just weeks earlier... they have a little kick)
Baked Parsnips









In the first year I was married, my husband came home from Colorado Springs on a hunting trip with one of his buddies who has an amazing wife that likes to just whip things up for her guests. I love it when she just whips things up. Me, being me, an inexperienced cook 9 years ago, was fascinated with her.  My husband paid attention to what she was doing one time and came home to tell me about Parmesan Chicken. It has been a staple in our meal schedule for years now.


You need:
Chicken Breast (as many as you are feeding)
2 eggs
A LOT of grated (not shredded) Parmesan cheese.


Dip the chicken breast into the eggs
Smother them in Parmesan cheese
Cook in a hot pan for about 7-10 minutes on each side until golden brown and juices run clear (on medium heat) It's really easy to burn, so be careful!


This ALWAYS smokes up my house so I try to do it out on the grill...unfortunately I was out of propane that day!


For the Roasted Parnips:


Slice them lengthwise and drizzle with olive oil.
Spice them up with whatever you have laying around. This time of year I like to use rosemary, sages, etc...and salt and pepper of course.

No comments: