Sunday, October 3, 2010

Scaring the Crows

We decided, to add to the festive look around here, to make a scarecrow. I have never in my life made a scarecrow. I had no idea what I was doing. But that didn't stop me. Not knowing what I'm doing doesn't normally stop me from doing things....I can either fail, and move on......or get something great out of it. Regardless, it was time spent with my kiddo and that's what matters most.  But, after all was said and done, it wasn't that difficult of a project....and for the most part, it's free.
I used two longer sticks of wood. One for the back, one for the arms. We stuffed the head, shirt and pant s(which were just laying around) with leaves (not stuffing) I used corn stocks from the garden for the "hands" and "feet". I used twine and safety pins to keep everything together. I used a scrap piece of burlap for the face (though most anything will work for that) I went for the faceless kind, as I thought a face would just distract.  I put him in a garden for a minute...right before the garden was torn out and now he's in front of the house.



Song: Bari Improv from August Rush

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Stacey-Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog! I love your stuff as well, have been a fan for a while actually.

You have such a unique style that truely captures your subjects in a specific moment in time, I LOVE THAT!!