Monday, October 4, 2010

The "Q" meal was more of a snack than a meal really. Because, lets face it, "Q" foods are pretty limited, and as much as I'm a wild game cooking type of girl (can you hear the sarcasm in my typing?) I didn't really want to cook Quail. Or Quiche. Not really into mixing things, except cheese into my eggs.

So we had
Quesadillas and Queso Cheese Pasta. Just a little mid day treat.

I think quesadillas are pretty self explanatory. I just cook them on the stove top like a grilled cheese sandwich on a super flat square pan. Then make dippers for them.



 If you don't have one of these...you should. I've had one for all my life and they come in really handy for pizzas and quesadillas and all kinds of random snacks.  It's called an ulu.  The Eskimos originally used them (and probably still do) for cutting whale up for food.



The Queso Cheese Pasta was a pretty simple one. I basically used the elote recipe and tripled it. Covered pasta in it, and added veggies and various spices.

For the sauce:
1/2 cup mayo

1/2 cup Queso Fresco
2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
1-2 tablespoons Lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: