Tuesday, October 26, 2010

S

It was 80 degrees in the middle of October when we has the S meal. It was the most fantastic day there could have been. It was unbelievably beautiful. We spend the entire day outside, except to cook, which took very little time (thank goodness!)

For the S meal we had:
Shrimp Scampi
Salmon (baked)
Squash (Yellow, from the garden)
Snow Peas
and Snakes on a Stick (which I didn't get a picture of, but basically, bread twisted on a skewer and dipped in cinnamon and sugar)



The shrimp scampi I think was the best I've ever made. It turned out so unbelievably fantastic and I didn't even do that much for it.


For the sauce (I didn't measure, I just threw it in)


Butter
Lemon Juice
White Wine (I think I just used the Cabernet that I had here)
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Dried herbs
and when it was done I added a little Parmesan cheese.


Viola... fantastic food.


 The Squash was just sauteed in olive oil and added a little salt.


The Salmon was baked in butter and spices and fresh basil. (baked is about the only way I can eat it anymore...it just tastes better to me with all the stuff on it as Salmon tends to be a little dry)

Oh and thank you big brother and Dad for bringing it to me!  I love that I always have fish in my freezer at my fingertips at any time!

No comments: